Saturday, December 25, 2021

Carpe Librum (Maastricht)

 


Gregg Chadwick

Carpe Librum (Maastricht)

48"x36"oil on linen 2021

It is so wonderful when a collector shares their reactions and photos of new artworks in their home. Today @danialexlune was surprised by her amazing husband Dave with my painting "Carpe Librum (Maastricht)"


The painting is featured in @art_squat magazine's new interview with me in their 3rd Issue released today - December 25, 2021.  Link at 
http://www.art-squat.com/articles3/Gregg_Chadwick/index.php

In the interview I explain that "in the past few years, a magnificent bookstore in Maastricht, The Netherlands (@boekhandel_dominicanen) has inspired a group of my oil paintings and works on paper. I exhibited my latest painting in this series, "Carpe Librum (Maastricht)", at The Other Art Fair at Barker Hangar in September 2021. I find that writers in particular are intrigued by this homage to the world of books and learning."





#art #HappyHolidays #merrychristmas #Books #maastricht #theotherartfair #artsquat #theotherartfairla #writers #readers #contemporaryart

No comments: