Monday, December 12, 2022

Angel's Flight, Bunker Hill District, Los Angeles, 1964


Wonderful journey to Los Angeles Past. 

Created by CineClark who writes: "Part 2B of a 12-part 8mm film series on Los Angeles, I found this 8mm gem in a thrift store. I have digitized it and, using the narration sheet that came folded up in the case, narrated this film. I did not change, omit or edit any words from the original narration in order to preserve the integrity of the original film. To skip my intro, jump to the :55 second mark. 
* I was struggling on using the possessive or not in the title. Though it is known today in its current location as Angels Flight, I decided to use the apostrophe as it is shown on the wheelhouse sign at the 1:44 mark of this film. 
A nice slice of Los Angeles history. Enjoy."

No comments: