Friday, January 14, 2022

Sea of Words

 


Gregg Chadwick
ink, and gouache on a monotype substrate on paper
30"x22".  2018

I have always loved books. My studio is full of monographs on artists that I admire and scientific discoveries that I find fascinating. But the library is where I first learned to cherish the written word. As a kid I would spend hours in the shelves looking for just the right books. I would venture home with a stack of volumes on art, art making, and animals. "Sea of Words" - my ink and gouache painting over a monotype substrate is an homage to my memories of neighborhood libraries and the joy of learning.
The library depicted in my artwork is the Montana Avenue Library in Santa Monica, California. Designed by architect Weldon Fulton, the Montana Branch opened to great acclaim on March 1, 1960.

1 comment:

CSCCA said...

Lost Ark will be available in the West on February 11. At that time, every MMO fan who is interested in it is best to Buy Lost Ark Gold and study-related guides at IGGM.com!